For a limited time, Macy’s and Clinique are offering a free gift with a minimum purchase of $27. The free gift is valued at $70. Gift includes two spring forward makeup bags, a large one and smaller one to take on the go. Choose from the following items to customize your gift:
- Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+
- Repairwear Laser Focus
- All About Shadow Quad in Greens or Berries
- Dual-Ended Lash Doubling Mascara in Black and Different Lipstick in Tenderheart or Glazed Berry
Hurry! Offer valid while supplies last!
*Photo courtesy of Macys
Ladies, you know we are always running late in the morning! Whether it’s getting ready for work or school, who has time to get completely dolled up – everyday? I’ll admit I do wake up early enough to get things done. But some days you just need to snooze it 3 or 4 times before you get the motivation to crawl out of bed.
This is when my quick makeup look comes in to save the day! It’s already planned out and fool-proof. Learning how to maximize your beauty routine time will help you look your best when you’re short on time.
Prioritize. Know what’s important. For me it’s camouflaging my bags and sculpting my cheekbones. For others it may be accentuating eyes or covering up blemishes. Once you’ve narrowed it down, pick products that will help you get the look you want.
Keep it simple and know your level of comfort. If you know that you’re a bit shaky when it comes to eyeliner, then don’t do it. Instead of eyeliner, dab on a few coats of mascara.
Get the job done. I have everything I need ready to go on my bathroom counter. This includes products and brushes.
My quick list includes:
- Eye shadow
- Blender brush
- Face brush
- Bronzer brush
- Eye shadow brush
Know what products to use. My quick look is very natural. Look for eye shadow shades that compliment your skin tone. My go-to lid color is Dior 3 Couleurs Glow Nude Glow. It gives me the perfect hint of color without overwhelming my look. I also like to keep my Urban Decay Naked Basics within hands reach, the nude tones are great for a natural look. The bronzer I use is also very subtle and blends in seamlessly I like to use Bobbi Brown in golden light or Laura Geller baked impressions bronzer in medium.
Remember, mastering your quick look takes practice and patience. It won’t be perfect at first and it may take longer to finish at first, but you’ll get there. You’ll notice that you will tweak your look here and there. There was a time where I couldn’t leave the house without eyeliner on, now I only wear it two or three times during my work week. It’s all about bringing out your natural beauty.
For a limited time, get a free gift from Lancôme at Macy’s with any Lancôme purchase of $35. This free gift is valued at $86-$112 a includes a lively Paris themed cosmetic bag and a custom 6 piece gift set.
- Définicils High Definition Mascara
- Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate
- Savon Fraîchelle Invigorating Body Cleansing Gel
- Choice of Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer: Absolue Night Premium ßx Replenishing And Rejuvenating Night Cream, Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Night Lifting And Firming Night Cream OR Bienfait Multi-Vital Night High Potency Night Moisturizing Cream
- Choice of Cleanser: Crème Radiance Cream-To-Foam Cleanser OR Crème Mousse Confort Creamy Foaming Cleanser
- Makeup Favorite: Color Design Lipcolor (2 shade choices) OR Blush Subtil Powder Blush (2 shade choices)
(Photo courtesy of Macy’s)
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so I’ve searched high and low for the best beauty gifts! Here are my top picks! I’ll take one of each please!
As always, Victoria’s Secret is your best bet when it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts. This gift box includes; Bombshell 3.4 oz. fragrance, mini fragrance, body lotion, body mist, and body wash all wrapped up in this gorgeous box. This year Victoria’s Secret has over 40 plus beauty gifts to choose from starting at only $15.
This set is sure to make her heart sing! This V-Day git set features Philosophy’s Sweet Citrus Vanilla Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath, Body Lotion and High-Gloss, High-Flavor Lip Shine. But how cute is this box though?
Achieve the perfect Valentine’s Day look with this Kit from Too Faced. Set includes - Deluxe-size Better Than Sex Mascara, Lip Injection Color Bomb! Never Enough Nude, and Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow.
This adorable Tory Burch lipstick case is from her new Printed Heart collection. It’s the perfect gift paired with a Tory Burch lipstick or with Elizabeth Arden’s Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Valentine.
Prada + Candy + Heart Shaped Box = V-Day Gift Gold! This gift set includes a 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum and 2.5 oz Body Lotion. She’s sure to love it!
Prepare for a romantic night with this pamper-perfect gift set from Perlier. Set includes Wild Flower Foaming Cream Bath, Wild Flower Scented Body Water Spray, and pink shower pouf.
Inspired by the Hippy Love generation, this lil’ bag from Juicy Couture is ready to get filled with beauty love. Pair it with a Juicy Couture mini fragrance set, or toss in some V-Day beauty treats she’ll love. Try YSL Love And Lacquer Reds Set or BareMinerals Beauty in Bloom Set.
*Photos courtesy of VS Beauty, Prada, Juicy Couture, Perlier, Philosophy, Tory Burch, and Too Faced.
For a limited time, get an Elizabeth Arden Spring Gift at Macy’s with any Elizabeth Arden purchase for $29.50. This chic oversized tote includes:
◙ 6 Beautiful Color Eye Shadows in Romance, Tempting Taupe Highlighter, Sunset, Mystic Violet, Misty Teal Contour, Classic Khaki Contour, 1 Beautiful Color Radiance Blush in Romantic Rose, .17 oz
◙ 1 Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss in Sunset, .13 fl. oz
◙ 1 Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipsticks in Rosy Shimmer and Desert Rose, .12 oz
◙ 1 Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara in Black, .1 oz
◙ 1 Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss in Rosy Shimmer
◙ Ceramide Premiere Intense Moisture and Renewal Activation Cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30, .25 oz
Hurry! Offer valid while supplies last!
*Photo courtesy of Macys
For a limited time, get an exclusive Rachel Comey Peeper Case filled with deluxe and full size goodies with any purchase of $100 or more on beauty.com. This limited edition designer case is valued at $115. The entire gift is valued at over $165!
Samples included inside the case are as follows:
- PHYTO Phtyokeratine Masque Ultra-Repairing Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Oiless Oil 100% Purified Squalane
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream, Natural Glow
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss
- Paula’s Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
- Skin Authority Sunscreen Moisturizer Go! Protect
- June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque
- GO SMiLE Double Action Teeth Whitening System
- Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE Night Anti-Aging Resorative Cream
- h20+ Sea Results Deep Sleep Recovery Cream
- An offer for you from the Beauty.com site
Hurry, offer only valid while supplies last!
*Photo courtesy of Beauty.com
It’s giveaway time! For this month’s giveaway The Beauty Edge partnered with Tmart to give you the chance to score a 15 Color Camouflage Concealer Palette and a 24 piece Makeup Brush Set.
This set is great for new makeup artists starting their kits or for anyone who just loves to play around with makeup. You have endless color possibilities with this camouflage concealer palette – 15 colors ranging from alabaster to espresso, it will please any completion.
The 24 piece makeup brush set has everything you need. Plenty of eye shadow brushes, face brushes and specialty bushes. Comes in a convenient portable brush roll. Use this set with the concealer palette and with the rest of your makeup collection. You will feel like a pro every time you use it!
Good Luck Beauties!
This giveaway will end Sunday November 10th, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents who are at least 18 years old. All entries will be verified. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. The winner will be announced on Monday November 11th, 2013 on this post and will be immediately contacted via email. Once notified, the winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
I love my IT Cosmetics Power Brow Pencil, so I was trilled to try their latest CC Cream! CC cream is the next best thing after BB Cream. The double C stands for color correcting, it helps reduce the appearance of redness in your skin. It’s also a beauty product multi-tasker, similar to it’s predecessor the BB cream, but with more refined ingredients.
Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream will leave you with beautifully smooth, even-toned skin. It’s innovative formula contains vitamins A, B, C, and E, Hylauronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Peptides, Algae, and Aloe just to name a few. (Click here for an in-depth explanation of these ingredients and their benefits.) It’s basically a suped-up Anti-Aging Hydrating foundation topped off with SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Sunscreen. You couldn’t ask for more in a CC cream. It’s also clinically proven to increase hydration in your skin by over 79% – I don’t know about you, but winter is coming and my skin is going to need this extra hydration.
It comes packaged in a pump tube, so you could pump out small amounts as you go. It’s a thick cream that’s highly pigmented and offers full coverage. You could wear it alone or under another foundation. I recommend using it alone and with your favorite powder. It’s easy to blend and glides smoothly across your skin. It has a very faint light refreshing scent, but it’s not noticeable at all. It comes in 5 shades; Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, Rich. I have swatched Light and Tan for you below. This is quickly becoming my go to favorite, I like to use the lighter shade as a last minute lazy day concealer and I apply the tan shade all over.
IT Cosmetics has expanded tremendously since it’s first appearance on QVC back in September 2010. This month the brand is slated to enter 306 Ulta stores across the nation and has plans to roll out chain wide in 2014.
*Photo courtesy of IT Cosmetics
For a limited time, get a free gift from Lancôme at Macy’s with any Lancôme purchase of $35 and if you spend $70 – you also get to choose an additional gift. A $101-$128 value!
The 7 piece gift set includes:
- Floral Cosmetic Bag: Choose pink or blue
- Pick a Serum: Rénergie Lift Multi_Action Reviva_Concentrate Intense Skin Revitalizer, Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate OR Visionnaire [LR 2412 4%] Advanced Skin Corrector
- Pick a Moisturizer: Absolue Premium Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Replenishing and Rejuvenating Cream OR Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Lifting and Firming Cream
- Pick a Body Lotion: Trésor Perfumed Body Lotion OR La Vie Est Belle Nourishing Fragrance Body Lotion
- Pick a Cheek & Lip Duo: Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush & Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor
- Definicils High Definition Mascara
Make a Lancôme purchase of $70 and choose an additonal gift from the following options:
- Pick an Eye Essential: Smokey Palette, Bronze Palette, Le Crayon Kohl in Black Noir or Le Crayon Kohl in Coffee Brown
- Pick a Cleanser: Crème Radiance or Creme Mousse Confort
- Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover
If you live in the Tri-State area, visit my friend Karinna at the Lancôme counter at Macy’s inside Livingston Mall! Offer ends September 2nd or until supplies last. If you can’t make it in-store – get free shipping at $50!
(Photo courtesy of Macy’s)
Soooo it’s Shark Week and America has gone shark crazy! It’s been an absolute frenzy of sharks on TV and on the web! I’ve caught a few episodes myself so I thought I’d join in on the fun with a shark week inspired post! Inspired by seaside beauty – Chanetecaille Save the Sharks Palette features three eye shadows and a blush shade. Each shade is embossed with a cute little shark fin with a fun name to match!
- Great White – an all over white sandy beige
- Grey Reef – a glistening sandy grey
- Black Tip – a deep ocean blue
- Sea Anemone – a golden coral
5% of proceeds from the Save the Sharks Palette will be donated to the BLOOM Association to ban unregulated shark fin trade. Available at chanetecaille.com and nordstrom.com $83 (Photo courtesy of Discovery and Chanetecaille)
Follow The Beauty Edge!
- Happy Easter!
- Spring 2014 Clinique Bonus Time at Macy’s
- Spa Week Spring 2014
- Essie Wedding Collection 2014
- How to Master Your Quick Makeup Look